For all our vacancies, please visit our eteach page.
Headteacher Vacancy - September 2021
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: L22 £74,090 to L27 £83,305 (outer London) with consideration given to a discretionary uplift for an exceptional candidate
Our current Headteacher is leaving to take up a post as Senior-Vice Principal and Head of Primary at one of the world's leading British International Schools. Our thriving, internationally diverse primary school community now requires a highly motivated and skilled leader to help us accelerate into the next phase of our development. We are dedicated to providing exceptional education to ignite a life-long love of learning, and in doing so create a stand-out school which is inclusive. Are you someone who shares our values? If so, we cannot wait to meet you!
This is a career defining opportunity for an exceptional candidate who:
- Can articulate a clear and positive vision that is specific to The Vineyard School
- Recognises the importance of maintaining the school’s existing values whilst instilling their own leadership and identity
- Is an enthusiastic and committed leader who can manage and motivate the children and staff, from shaping strategy through to effective execution of that plan
- Is a skilled and confident communicator who can positively harness the goodwill and support of the wider school community
In return, The Vineyard School offers:
- An oversubscribed, popular and inclusive three-form entry school
- Strong academic performance that exceeds local and national attainment and progress outcomes
- A well-managed and healthy school financial position which will allow for thoughtful investment into areas to support future school improvement goals and plans
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly successful distributed leadership team
- An able, motivated and talented staffing body
- A capable and supportive Governing body
- Well-equipped new/refurbished facilities and a site which includes landscaped grounds and play areas which assist teaching, learning and physical development
- An active and engaged parent body, with an effective and energetic PTA
- An attachment friendly school
We welcome applications from serving headteachers, heads of school and deputies who fulfil the Person Specification.
A site visit to experience the school first-hand is encouraged and will be offered with Covid-appropriate adjustments. We are offering in-person or virtual introductory conversations with the current Headteacher or Governors.
The Vineyard School strongly believes in equal opportunities for all. We are very proud of our diverse international community and our reputation for inclusivity. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all and we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates for this post.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Completed applications should be submitted to: email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of your application via email.
Closing date: Friday, 16 April 2021 (at 12 noon)
Shortlisting: Friday, 16 April 2021
Selection and Interviews: Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 April 2021
Data Notice: Please note that all personal data will be stored securely for the required period.
The Vineyard School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warning, cautions and convictions in any application.
Please note that CVs are not accepted
The Vineyard Primary School
Friars Stile Road
Tel: 0208 8948 0195
You can also join The Vineyard School Talent Pool at eteach as well as sign up for vacancy alerts.
If you are new to teaching, you might want to explore our School Direct route – we are committed to nurturing and developing new talent.
In the meantime, please take some time to discover more about our school by reading comments from our staff and children. You can also learn more about school life by reading our newsletters and latest news, and by exploring our photo gallery and curriculum pages.