Reception at The Vineyard
Please see news updates for our latest news!
In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) at The Vineyard School, our aims are
- to support children in making a confident transition into school.
- to provide a happy, caring and safe learning environment.
- to plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of every child through a balanced provision of adult-led and child-initiated opportunities.
- to support children to become confident and competent learners so that they are able to reach their potential.
- to provide a broad and balanced high-quality curriculum in line with EYFS guidance.
- to foster positive home school links with parents and carers.
We use the Development Matters 2021 document as guidance to ensure that we deliver high standards of early education and care that supports the development of every child. These principles underpin all future learning by supporting and fostering the children’s personal, social and emotional wellbeing. It encourages positive attitudes and dispositions towards learning, and promotes learning through play.
Guidance on what to expect at each stage of their child’s learning and development can be found here.
Guidance on supporting your child with starting school can be found here.
Reading varied and quality texts will be key to your child's success. Discover the 100 Best Picture Books to Read Before You're 5-Years-Old.
To learn more about day-to-day life in Reception at The Vineyard, click on this link: New to The Vineyard