Music at The Vineyard provides children with an inclusive high-quality music education and extracurricular opportunities through practical and sensation-based application. It inspires children to pursue further musical development, learn to play an instrument and/or sing, while sharing a diverse range of musical genres and traditions.
Through a carefully constructed curriculum, a Vineyard Musician:
- can participate in inclusive music-making activities
- can use a range of musical skills, with confidence, during performance, composition, and listening and appraising
- can learn how to play an instrument (and as part of their Wider Opportunities in KS2)
- can develop their analytical ear when listening to pieces of music using subject specific vocabulary
- can sing in an ensemble in unison and in parts. Children will learn about vocal techniques and how to sing expressively
- has the opportunity to showcase their talents through concerts, workshops and in the wider community
- can develop their ensemble performance skills
- can build on their confidence, self-esteem, fine motor and teamwork skills
Richmond Music Trust
We work with tutors from the Richmond Music Trust to offer 1:1 and small group voice and instrumental lessons in school. Currently, we offer singing, guitar, recorder, percussion and strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass) lessons. If your child is interested in having music lessons, please fill out the form which can be found here: https://www.richmondmusictrust.org.uk/site/tuition/learn-with-us/apply-now/
Totally RAD are coming to The Vineyard School!
RAD believe that whatever the skill level or budget, all children deserve access to exceptional music tuition.
Our highly skilled network of professional musicians provide next-level tuition for the next generation of talent, no matter the location, budget or capability.
Provided on-site at school, and at a highly-competitive rate; with RAD, students can experience expert music tuition that helps them sharpen skills, express creativity, and dream BIG, with no disruption or stress – all from the very best in the business.
For more information, and to sign-up your child to RAD lessons, just use the following link; we’ll do the rest.